The VETSCHOOL Educational Council
consists of the School Director, the heads of the three veterinary departments, the chair of the Veterinary Study Board, the vice-chair of the Veterinary Study Board (always a student), the Heads of studies of the study programs within VETSCHOOL, student representatives from the major study programs and the chairs of the three veterinary departments‟ teaching committees.
The VETSCHOOL Educational Council processes and coordinates educational issues related to the VETSCHOOL programs, taking into account strategic, educational and resource considerations. As chair of the Educational Council, the School Director is responsible for the overall strategic development of the VETSCHOOL programs.
Main responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate courses and programmes
- Create joint identity and nurse the study environment for the veterinary and animal science students
- Profile the schools programmes to international collaboration partners, future students and prospective employers
- Develop exchange and tuition agreements with national and international partners
- Support the work of the study board, including active involvement in the accreditation procedures
- Ensure close collaboration between departments, study boards, heads of studies, students and the local programme administration
- Develop and implement pedagogical and didactic measures
- Visualize and reap synergies through educational cooperation within the faculty and with the other faculties at the university
- formulation of strategies for the area and guidelines for the course budgets
All main tasks are carried out in close collaboration with the study boards, the local programme administration, students and departments within the area of veterinary and animal sciences. The school Director is responsible for the school budget.
The Veterinary Study Board
comprises an equal number of representatives of the academic staff and students elected by and among the academic staff and students at the veterinary departments. The Veterinary Study Board is responsible for the day-to-day organization and development of the DVM program and teaching activities. Read more (in Danish)
The Academic Council
is composed of the Dean (ex-officio chairman), academic staff, PhD students and BSc/MSc students. The Academic Council of the Faculty advises the Dean on the internal distribution of funds, central strategic research questions and educational issues. The Academic Council awards PhD and Doctor of Science degrees.
Committees at the Department level
Each VETSCHOOL department has a Teaching Committee and an Occupational Health and Safety Committee with members elected among students and staff. In addition each department has a Collaboration Committee where staff members are elected and representatives from the department leader group participate. The two latter committees are chaired by the Department Head.